Summer @ OFS
A Comprehensive Extended School Year Program
Reserve Your Spot Today!
OFS offers a comprehensive Extended School Year (ESY) Program designed to help students retain skills mastered in the previous school year and prepare them for the upcoming grade. Speech-language therapy services are provided as per each student’s IEP. Occupational therapy is available. And because parent communication is so important to us, we use daily learning logs and weekly progress notes to track your child’s learning.
Exceptional ESY Program Educational Benefits:
- Staffed by Certified Special Education Teachers skilled in working with students with attachment and school anxiety issues
- Instruction in Reading, Math, and Writing Skills
- Science Lab
- Character Education (Citizenship/Sportsmanship/Teamwork/Service)
- Social Skills and Problem Solving
- Speech-Language therapy included; Occupational therapy available
- Our faculty is trained in:
- Orton-Gillingham approach to reading, writing, and spelling
- Lindamood Bell’s LiPS, Seeing Stars Visualizing & Verbalizing programs, Touch Math, and other techniques
A Typical Daily Schedule
- 9:00 Morning Assembly
- 9:30 Language Arts
- reading comprehension
- 11:15 Math
- 12:00 Lunch/Recess
- 12:45 Science and Social Studies related labs, activities, and experiential learning
- 2:30 Dismissal
- July 1 – August 9, 2019 (school closed July 4 and July 5)
- Monday – Friday; 9:00AM to 2:30PM
- Cost: $4700 (includes speech therapy services and field trips)
The program is designed for children with learning and social challenges who need structure and support to help develop and reinforce skills in language arts, mathematics, and social skills during the summer.
Themes for each week will be announced!