Summer @ OFS
A Comprehensive Extended School Year Program
Reserve Your Spot Today!
OFS offers a comprehensive Extended School Year (ESY) Program designed to help students retain skills mastered in the previous school year and prepare them for the upcoming grade. Speech-language and occupational therapy services are provided as per each student’s IEP. And because parent communication is so important to us, we use daily learning logs and weekly progress notes to track your child’s learning and keep parents on the same page.
Exceptional ESY Program Educational Benefits:
- Staffed by Certified Special Education Teachers skilled with students with attachment and school anxiety issues
- Instruction in Reading, Math, and Writing Skills
- Science Lab
- Character Education (Citizenship/Sportsmanship/Teamwork)
- Social Skills and Problem Solving
- Speech – Language Therapy
- Our faculty is trained in:
- Orton-Gillingham approach to reading, writing, and spelling
- Lindamood Bell’s LiPS, Seeing Stars Visualizing & Verbalizing programs, Touch Math, and other techniques
A Typical Daily Schedule
- 9:00 Morning Assembly
- 9:30 Language Arts
- reading comprehension
- 11:15 Math
- 12:00 Lunch/Recess
- 12:45 Science and Social Studies related labs, activities, and experiential learning
- 2:30 Dismissal
- July 5 – August 11, 2017
- Monday – Friday; 9:00AM to 2:30PM
- Cost: $4635 (includes all services and field trips)
The program is designed for children with learning and social challenges who need structure and support to help develop and reinforce skills in language arts, mathematics, and social skills during the summer.
Themes for each week will be announced!